Are you a coffee lover? Are you a coffee lover? Coffee lovers love the idea that they can warmly hug their brains with coffee. Did you also know that coffee can aid in weight loss? You did indeed read correctly! You can lose weight with coffee. This caffeine drink is rich in powerful nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, niacin and antioxidants that can boost your metabolism.
Coffee lovers will agree that nothing is better than a cup of good coffee. A steaming cup cappuccino warms and calms the body on rainy days. Iced frappuccino is a refreshing alternative to the heat on hot days. It cheers you up when you’re feeling lonely or helps to stay awake while studying. Every time you drink it, the smooth liquid brings happiness and contentment. There are many types of coffee, but it is important to know which one is best for you.
Learn more about this brewing hot drink.
The HealthifyMe Note
Coffee, when consumed in moderation and with no added sweeteners or sugars, can help you lose weight as well as improve your overall health. Coffee is an excellent energy booster. Research has shown that coffee is a great way to boost energy and promote healthy weight management.
How does coffee help me lose weight?
Coffee can directly impact your weight by affecting your metabolism and quality of sleep. Here are some possible ways to see the connection between coffee consumption and weight loss.
May Suppress Your Hunger
Coffee can increase appetite and decrease calories. Even though it is temporary, people will eat less if they drink coffee one hour before eating.
Supports Healthy Metabolism
Numerous studies have shown that coffee consumption is linked to lower body weight, lower BMI, and less fat. Because of the caffeine content, coffee can increase rest metabolic rates, which results in fat loss.
Get more out of your workout sessions
A cup of coffee an hour before your workout can help you run for longer at a higher intensity. It also stimulates dopamine release, which will help you burn more calories.
Coffee Hacks to Improve Weight Loss
Small changes to your coffee routine can make a big difference in your weight loss goals. Here are some ways you can incorporate the caffeine drink into your weight-loss diet.
- Pair with water Although coffee is diuretic, adding water to it will make you fuller and help you resist the temptation to binge.
- Pre-workout drinkDrinking coffee before you exercise will increase your body’s heat and energy, which will help you burn fat and calories.
- Avoid milk, cream, or sugar A cup of plain coffee contains only two calories. Adding cream and sugar to your cup of coffee will increase the calories and result in weight gain. Reduce the amount of cream/sugar, and instead use artificial sweeteners.
- Refuse to reduce:Coffee can reduce your appetite. You will skip breakfast if you drink it first thing in the AM. This will make it difficult to lose weight by making you crave food at different times of the day. Therefore, make sure you don’t skip breakfast.
- Half-caffé is healthy Even a small amount of coffee can make a difference. But excessive coffee consumption can lead to insomnia and stress. Switch to half-caff. This will allow you to have coffee every day and help you lose weight.
- Space out caffeine time:Increase your coffee intake to reap the weight loss benefits. It will give you an extra boost for exercise and suppress your cravings.
For weight loss, try these brews
Coffee has caffeine and hunger-busting ingredients that keep you from reaching for the snack box. So it’s a win-win situation. Though it’s a good reason not to give up your beloved cup of coffee, adding sugars and cream might be out of the question.
These low-carb and low calorie coffee recipes can help you to lose weight.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Filtered water – 12oz/354ml
- Freshly ground coffee- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tbsp Grass-fed butter
- Coconut oil- 1 tbsp
- Brew your coffee with water and coffee.
- Blend the hot coffee and add butter and coconut oils to it.
- Blend the ingredients together for at least 30 seconds, until it becomes frothy.
- It should be poured into a large container and then served.
Paleo Iced coffee Shake
Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cashew milk- 1 cup
- 2 tbsp plain protein powder or paleo vanilla
- One shot espresso
- Medjool dates- ½
- Ice-4-5 cubes
- Blend until the puree is smooth.
- Blend the puree with the ice until it reaches the desired consistency.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Preparation time 5 minutes
- Pumpkin spice shake – 1 packet
- Brewed coffee, cooled down – 8 oz/236ml
- Optional fat-free whip topping
- Pumpkin pie spice- to taste
- Add Pumpkin spice shake to the shaker bottle. Stir it well.
- Place the mixture in a large coffee cup and heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- You can also make the coffee with ice and keep it cold.
- Serve hot or cold coffee with fat-free whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice.
There are downsides to excessive coffee consumption
Coffee is one of the few beverages that aids in weight loss. But, consuming more coffee can be dangerous for your health in a number of ways. It includes:
Making You Feel Edgy
Coffee, a stimulant drink, can make you feel more edgy than calm and controlled if you consume it excessively. Excessive consumption can lead to lethargy, irritability and grumpiness.
Hampering Blood Sugar Levels
High blood sugar levels can be caused by drinking more coffee. It can also increase sugar cravings, causing you to sneak out to the snack cabinet and cheat on your diet.
The HealthifyMe Note
Coffee can increase fat-oxidation, which can help you lose weight when combined with exercise and diet. Consuming too much coffee daily can have a negative impact on your brain and overall health. The Food and Drug Administration recommends that people not consume more caffeine than 400mg per day.
Most people want to lose weight as soon as possible. While coffee is an effective dietary aid for weight loss and is highly recommended, there is much debate about the role of caffeine. Coffee may help you lose weight and prevent weight gain. It cannot help you lose weight permanently.
Smartly consuming your coffee is key to your weight loss goals. However, it is important to exercise and eat right if you want to lose weight. A healthy, low-calorie diet and moderate coffee consumption are key to long-term weight loss.