News

A woman has dropped 20kg and kept it off after quitting keto.

A woman has shared how she managed to drop 20kg for good – and it doesn’t involve cutting out carbs.

Brittany McCrystal said a mix of “partying too much” and transitioning to a full-time desk job – located close to a food court – that caused her to slowly gain weight.

The 26-year-old said she did not realise how much her body had changed, until she jumped on the scales at a friend’s house and was shocked at the number staring back at her.

“I didn’t even really notice the weight creep up” the Hamilton-based woman said.

Flash allows you to stream the news you like, whenever you want it. 25+ news channels all in one place Flash: What’s new? Try 1 month free. Offer ends 31 October, 2022 >

“I started partying a fair bit, so I was drinking a lot and eating loads of fast food. I just wasn’t taking care of my body.

“Then I started working as a travel agent in an office, so I was very sedentary all day.

“It was also located in a shopping centre, close to the food court, so I would often get my meals and snacks from fast food places.

“It took about a year to gain the weight, and people would make passing comments.

“I felt sad about the way I looked, I didn’t like wearing anything short or sleeveless.

“Then one day I stepped on the scale, and had reached my heaviest weight of 82kg. At that moment, I knew I needed to turn my life around.”

Brittany said she was overwhelmed by all the different types of weight loss methods out there, and wasn’t sure which way to turn.

After hearing that carbohydrates could hinder weight loss, she quit them and switched to a keto diet high in protein and high-fat for seven months.

While she did lose an initial 10kg, Brittany said she felt “absolutely awful” – and once she stopped keto, she gained all the weight back.

“There is so much information out there but what we need to do to lose weight” she said.

“It’s so easy to get confused by all the different messages out there.

“I started doing keto, because I heard carbs were bad and that you could lose weight.

“I did lose 10kg, but once I stopped I gained it all back again. It was so bad that I went to the doctor.

“I was just not eating enough, it was too restrictive and in the end, was detrimental to my weight loss journey.”

Brittany has lost 20kg since she started keto and is now at 59kg. She says balance was the key to her weight loss.

She now enjoys all of the foods she loves but with moderation.

She also works out 4-5 days a week and shares her incredible progress via her TikTok account and Instagram.

“I like to live by the 80/20 rule. I try to keep things healthy and balanced 80 percent of the time. The remaining 20% I enjoy all the things that I love, such as fast food and wine.

“When I was at my heaviest, I loved oily Chinese food, any Asian food like noodles and pulled pork.

“I still enjoy those meals, but I can now make them healthier, and fit them into my regular diet.

“That’s the key to long term weight loss, you need to enjoy it and keep it sustainable for your lifestyle.

“Mentally, I’m so much clearer and much more positive.

“Writing in my journal has been a great help, and everyday I write down what I’m grateful for.”

Brittany’s weight loss also changed the trajectory of her career.

While she used to work as a travel agent, she switched into the fitness industry – and now has legions of followers on TikTok and InstagramWho she inspires through her content

She also created her own fitness app ‘BrittFit’, which boasts hundreds of healthy recipes and workout routines.

“People see my transformation on TikTok, and so many have said that I look like a different person.

“I love being able to inspire and help others, that’s my passion now.

“I think what i’d say to anyone who is looking to lose weight is just to start. That’s the hardest part. The best investment you can make is in yourself, and your health.”

Learn more about related topicsTikTok



Source: news.com.au

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button