Kraft Heinz is recalling thousands of Capri Sun products after it was discovered that they had been contaminated by a diluted cleaner. It is used to clean equipment used in food processing. statement from Kraft Heinz, which said the solution was “inadvertently introduced into a production line at one of our factories.”
The recall affects only Wild Cherry–flavored Capri Sun beverages, and approximately 5,760 cases have been impacted. Kraft Heinz claimed it became aware of the contamination after receiving complaints regarding the taste of the beverage. The statement didn’t disclose whether any illnesses had been reported in connection with the recall.
Below are the details of the recalled product; if you have any Capri Sun beverages in your home, you should check to make sure they aren’t affected by the recall.
- Name of product: Capri Sun Wild Cherry Flavored Drink Blend
- Product size: 6.6 fl oz
- Packaging description: individual foil pouches packed in paperboard cartons
- Carton universal product code (UPC): 0 8768400100 4
- Case UPC: 87684 01409 00
- Manufacturer code on carton: 25JUN2023 #### CT1404. (Notification#### would be used on recall products between 0733-1000. XX could be 01, 02 or 03.
- Manufacturing code on pouch: 25JUN2023 WXX LYY ####. (Notification#### on recall products would be between 0733-0900. XX may be 01 or 02, 03, 04 and 09, or 10, while YY may be from 01 through 12.
- Best when used by June 25, 2023
You should dispose of any affected beverages at home or return them back to the retailer where they were purchased. Kraft Heinz stated that the company is working closely with distributors and retailers in order to eliminate the impacted products from the market. Shoppers can also call 1-800-280-8255 Monday through Friday between 9 and 6 ET to inquire about whether their product has been recalled. Contact a healthcare provider immediately if you have concerns about potential illness due to the recall.